Chicken and Leek Pie
Member recipe by william127
A creamy chicken pie flavoured with tarragon and topped with a puff pastry lid. A real family favourite!
- 570g diced chicken breast
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 250g mushrooms, chopped
- 50g butter
- 3tbsp plain flour
- 300ml chicken stock
- 150ml double cream
- 3tbsp dried tarragon
- 500g puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg
- Pre heat oven 170 (fan assisted), 190/ gas 5. Melt half the butter in a large frying pan,add the chicken and fry until coloured all over. Remove and set aside.
- Melt the remaining butter and fry the leeks and mushrooms for 5mins or until soft. Add the chicken and stir, sprinkle in the flour and stir well.
- Pour over the chicken stock, stir and season well. Simmer for 5mins over a gentle heat.
- Take off the heat and add the cream, stir well then add the tarragon. Stir again.
- Roll out the puff pastry. Place mixture into a pie dish and place puff pastry lid on top, crimp the edges and brush with the beaten egg. Place in pre heated oven for 30 mins or until pastry has turned golden brown. Best served with steamed new potatoes!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…