Member recipe by tigger2808
- Small amount of olive oil for frying
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion very finely chopped
- 1 litre of stock made with 2 ham stock cubes (I use Knorr)
- 200g red lentils
- 2 large carrots grated
- 4 small potatoes sliced
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- pinch of chilli flakes
- salt & black pepper to taste
- In a large stock/soup pot fry the onion and garlic until soft but not browned
- Add the made up stock, lentils, grated carrots and potatoes
- Add mixed herbs, chilli flakes and salt and black pepper to taste
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 30-40 minutes until potatoes are soft. The potatoes may start breaking up but this is good as it thickens the soup.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…