Lime and Ginger Cheesecake
Member recipe by cupcakecrazyxxxx
No cooking required just easy and simple made to wow! Great for after a Thai curry please try-you won't regret it!!!
- For the base:
- 100g/4oz unsalted butter
- 250g/9oz ginger nuts(or digestives)
- For the filling:
- 4 limes(juice and zest)
- 397g can sweetened condensed milk
- 300ml double cream
- Dark chocolate shavings(optional)
- A round springform tin( about 23cm) with baking parchment on the bottom.
- It can serve 6-8 big slices or 10 smaller ones.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan. Crush up ginger nuts until fine crumbs (this can be done in a food processor or using a rolling pin and crushing the biscuits up in a freezer bag).
- Place crumbs into a bowl and add melted butter. Stir until a wet sand.
- Pour into the lined tin and press firmly with the back of a metal spoon. Chill in the fridge until firm.
- Whisk(electrically) the cream,lime juice,zest and the condensed milk until thick and creamy.
- Pour on top of the base and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or until firm. Add chocolate shavings(optional) and serve.
- Enjoy! Keep in fridge and eat within 4 days.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…