Marmite Mini Potatoes
Member recipe by mustardcomms
- 1 kilo of small Cypriot potatoes
- 250g of salted butter
- 300ml of full fat cremé frâiche
- 1 pot of cod or salmon roe
- Take the smallest Cypriot potatoes and scrub well, leaving the skins on.
- Bake them in your oven at 200ËC on a bed of rock salt. This makes the skins shrivel up and the insides soft.
- After 30/40 minutes, when the insides are soft (test this by inserting a skewer), take them out.
- Slit open the top and scoop in a teaspoon of salted butter, a tablespoon of cremÃ© frÃ¢iche and top with some cod or salmon roe or, if for a special occasion, proper caviar.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…