Cherry Tomato and Chorizo Soup
Member recipe by pubngrub
Roasted cherry tomatoes give a wholesome flavour with a meaty undertone from the chorizo.
- 250g Cherry Tomatoes
- 40g Chorizo Chopped
- 1/2 Red Pepper Cubed
- 2 Shallots Chopped
- 2 Stalks Celery Sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 Red Chilli Deseeded and Chopped
- 8 to 10 Basil Leaves
- 1 tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 800 ml Vegeatable Stock
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Season
- Pre Heat Oven to 200' 180' fan. Pierce the tomatoes with the tip of a sharp knife and place on a baking tray with the garlic, red pepper and basil leaves. Drizzle with olive oil. Season and roast in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes until the skins of the tomatoes are soft and slightly charred.
- Meanwhile heat the rest of the oil in a pan and add the shallots and stir for a couple of minutes. Then add the chorizo and stir until the natural oils start to show. Now add the celery and chopped chilli, stir and sweat for a few minutes with lid on the pan.
- Add all the roasted ingredients from the baking tray to the pan, stir in the chopped parsley. Finally add the sock, bring to the boil then simmer gently for 5 to 8 minutes for ingredients and flavours to infuse.
- Blitz all the ingredients ensuring the tomato skins are well chopped and serve immediately with chiffon cut basil leaves to garnish.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…