Celery and Ginger Soup
Member recipe by pubngrub
- 1 Thumb Size Piece Of Ginger Peeled and Sliced
- 2 Shallots Chopped
- 8 Celery Stalks Washed and Sliced. (Green leaves removed for later)
- 1 Carrot Chopped
- 3 Clove Garlic Chopped
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Sprig Thyme
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 800 ml Vegetable Stock
- 50ml Single Cream (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper to Season
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the shallots and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, thyme, star anise, celery and carrot and sweat down for a few minutes with lid on.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes to let flavours infuse and vegetables to soften.
- Season with salt and pepper. Remove star anise and thyme and blitz with a blender to a smooth soup.
- Add cream if using and bring everything back to a simmer to warm through.
- Finely chop the celery leaves and sprinkle on top when serving.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…