Ham and Bramley Apple Rosti
Member recipe by llcoolbaz
- 400g potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 Bramley apple (approx 200g), peeled, cored and grated
- 100g mature cheddar, grated
- 75g sliced ham, cut into small pieces
- 75g creme fraiche
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the potatoes and apple in a clean tea towel and squeeze out as much water as possible. Tip into a bowl and add the cheese, ham, creme fraiche, Dijon mustard, egg yolk, chives, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a low-medium heat, and add a good trickle of oil. Divide the rosti mixture into 6 and spoon into the frying pan (doing in a couple of batches of your pan isn'Ât big enough), pressing down with the back of the spoon to give a flat surface. Cook for about 5 minutes before carefully turning over and continuing to cook for a further 5 minutes, until both sides are golden and crisp. Serve straight away.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…