Curry base gravy
Member recipe by danmac28177
- 3 x Spanish onions
- 1 x carrot
- 1 x Green pepper
- Good sprig of coriander
- 2 x Tomatoes
- 3 x garlic cloves
- Thumb tip size ginger
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 x tin of tomatoes
- 1 dsp cumin
- 1 dsp coriander
- 1 dsp turmeric
- 1 dsp paprika
- Chop onions, carrot, tomato, pepper, coriander, garlic, ginger and put in a pan.
- Cover with water and add salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer until ingredients are soft.
- Remove from heat and add tin of tomatoes. Blend until smooth.
- Now add all spices and return to the heat. Simmer for a further 20 mins
- Your gravy base is now ready to use. The base will taste very bland as this is just a sauce base
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…