Bramley & Treacle RolyPoly
Member recipe by llcoolbaz
Delicious bramley apple and treacle roly poly - A fruity twist on the classic comfort pudding
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 6 tbsp golden syrup
- 50g soft light brown sugar
- 15g butter
- 225g self raising flour, plus extra for rolling
- 100g suet
- pinch of salt
- 2 Bramley apples (approx 450g), peeled, cored and chopped into about 1cm pieces
- icing sugar for dusting
- custard, ice-cream or cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan ovens/Gas 5
- Put the lemon zest and juice in a saucepan with just 2 tbsp of the golden syrup, sugar, butter and 125ml of water. Bring to a simmer and then remove from the heat, and leave to cool slightly.
- Mix together the flour, suet, salt and about 150ml cold water to form a soft pliable dough. Roll out on a surface lightly dusted with flour to about 25cm square, 5mm thick.
- Drizzle the remaining 4 tbsp of syrup over the top and scatter over the apples, leaving a 1cm border of suet pastry around the edges.
- Roll into a cylinder shape and using a sharp knife, cut into 2.5-3cm slices. Lay in the baking dish, overlapping slightly. Pour the lemon syrup mixture in the saucepan over the top and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the pudding is nicely golden and bubbling.
- Dust the cooked pudding with icing sugar and serve hot with custard, ice-cream or cream.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…