Earl grey tea scones
Member recipe by emmafitz1996
- 250g self raising flour
- Plain flour to dust work surface
- 55g butter
- 1 earl grey tea bag
- 25g sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 150ml milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 fan and line a tray with baking paper. Add the flour, leaves out of the tea bag salt and butter into a bowl and rub until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the sugar. Pour in almost all the milk until you have a dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and cut into 12 using a cookie cutter.
- Put the scones on the tray and glaze with left over milk and cook for 10-15 minutes.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…