Member recipe by emmafitz1996
Traditional scones with a lovely almond flavour! Lovely with a cup of tea. (it is the one on the right!)
- 220g self-raising flour
- 30g ground almonds
- A bit of plain flour to dust the work surface
- Pinch of salt
- 55g butter
- 25g caster sugar
- 150ml milk
- 1.5 teaspoons almond extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 fan and line a tray with baking paper. Add the flour, almonds, salt and butter into a bowl and rub until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the sugar. Pour in almost all the milk and all the almond extract until you have a dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and cut into 12 using a cookie cutter.
- Put the scones on the tray and glaze with left over milk and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with a cup of tea!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…