Braised Rice with Broccoli
Member recipe by wildcardpr
From the Campbell's Capsule Cupboard (http://www.campbellsoup.co.uk/capsule-cupboard) - this dish has a light Caribbean touch and is classically served with grilled chicken. It can also be enjoyed with tuna, which can be stirred in just before the rice is ready, to the warm the fish through.
- 1 x 295g can Campbells Condensed Low Fat Chicken Soup
- 1 tin of kidney beans, including juice
- 1 tin of sweetcorn
- 250g basmati rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Knob of butter
- Salt and pepper
- Half a head of broccoli, cut into florets
- In a saucepan, whisk together the Campbells Condensed Low Fat Chicken Soup with 250-300ml of water, stirring in the kidney beans and sweetcorn along with the juices from each tin
- Bring to a simmer, before stirring in the rice and onions
- Cover the pan with a lid and gently simmer for five minutes. Add the broccoli and simmer for a further 10-15 minutes, or until the rice is tender and has absorbed the cooking liquid. Should the rice absorb the liquid too early, simply loosen with a little more water and continue to cook until tender
- Season with salt and pepper. It is now ready to serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…