Spicy Tomato Pasta Soup
Member recipe by djktrox
- Ingredients for the base of the soup.
- 1 Pint of vegetable stock
- 2 tsp Marmite (If you like it!)
- 400g chopped tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large carrot sliced roughly
- Mixed herbs to taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- White pepper to taste
- To make Vegetable Pasta Soup:
- Fresh Celery 1 1/2 stalks, sliced roughly
- 1/4 cup frozen sweetcorn
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 orange bell pepper chopped into chunks
- Any other vegetable which you may need to use up!
- To make bean and pasta soup use:
- 200g butterbeans drained
- 200g red kidney beans drained
- Fry onion in large sauce pan until tender, add carrot. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- If making vegetable pasta soup, add the peas, sweetcorn, celery, pepper fry 1 minute. If making bean and pasta soup add butterbeans and kidney beans and move onto next step.
- Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, mixed herbs, chilli powder and all seasoning and wait untill it starts to bubble.
- Add stock to soup, and bring to boil. Reduce heat and add pasta. Stir well.
- Cook pasta in the soup for 12-15 minutes. Once it is cooked, leave to sit off the heat for a few minutes and serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…