Pecan nut brownies
Member recipe by tweety_anja
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Pieces
- 200g butter, cut into small pieces, plus extra to grease
- 200g good-quality dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids, cut into small pieces
- 4 eggs
- 220g light brown sugar
- 120g plain flour
- 220g pecan nuts, cut into large pieces
- Preheat the oven to 190C/ Gas 5. Butter a 24cm x 34cm baking tin, 6cm deep, and line with greaseproof paper, extending the paper above the rim.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir until smooth, then remove the bowl from the pan and set aside to cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs for two minutes, then add the brown sugar and beat until the mixture reaches a ribbon consistency, about 6 minutes. Using a spatula, incorporate into the melted chocolate, but do not overwork. Add the flour and nuts in a steady stream, folding them in with the spatula until evenly mixed; stop mixing at this point.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and immediately place in the oven.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, lowering the oven setting to 180C/ Gas 4 after ten minutes. To test, insert a skewer or knife tip into the centre; it should come out clean and shiny. Set aside to cool in the tin. Once cooled, lift out the brownie, using the lining paper. Cut into squares or smaller pieces.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…