For the dough
- 250g pack white bread mix
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus a bit extra
- 150ml warm water
- plain flour, for dusting
For the sauce
- 200g can chopped plum tomato
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- pinch of sugar (caster or granulated)
Honey and syrups made from concentrated fruit juice were the earliest known sweeteners. Today,…
For the topping
- 3 tbsp mascarpone
- 3 tbsp (about 20g) finely grated Parmesan
Parmesan is a straw-coloured hard cheese with a natural yellow rind and rich, fruity flavour. It…
- 10 cherry tomato, halved
- 12 large raw prawn (frozen and defrosted is fine), patted dry, deveined and butterflied (see tip, below)
There are thousands of different species of prawn, but tiger, king and North Atlantic are the…
- 2 rosemary sprigs, needles roughly chopped
Rosemary's intense, fragrant aroma has traditionally been paired with lamb, chicken and game…
- generous pinch chilli flakes
- handful pitted green olives, halved (or use capers)
- small drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
Make the dough the day before. Put the bread mix in a large bowl. Combine the oil with the warm water in a jug, then tip onto the mix. Stir to a soft dough and set aside for 5 mins.
Flour the work surface and your hands well, then knead the dough for 5 mins until springy and smooth. Squish some oil around in a large food bag, then pop in the dough and tie the top, leaving the dough room to grow. Leave to rise in the fridge.
To make the sauce, simply stir the ingredients together. When ready to cook, heat the oven as high as it will go. Dust a large baking sheet and the work surface with a little flour. Split the dough into 2 equal pieces. (Do not knead it or it will become too springy.) Roll the dough into large slipper shapes, about 30cm long. Lift onto the baking sheet.
Spread the sauce over the pizzas, then scatter with small dollops of mascarpone, the Parmesan, cherry tomatoes, prawns, rosemary, chilli flakes, olives and plenty of seasoning. Drizzle with a little oil. Bake the pizzas for 10-13 mins until the base is crisp and golden, the prawns cooked through and the cheese bubbling. Transfer to a board and serve straight away.