Member recipe by missjosephine
ServingsServes 1 - 18 Muffins
Strawberry, white chocolate and banana muffins - a fail safe delicious recipe.
- 300g strawberries, chopped into small chunks (can be part subsituted for raspberries)
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 150g white chocolate, chopped into equal size chunks to the strawberries
- 2 medium eggs
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 250g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- Half a tsb bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan oven/gas mark 6. Line 2 muffin tins with 18 muffin cases (or do 2 separate batches)
- Mash the banana in a bowl and set aside. Pour the oil into a jug and beat in the eggs and vanilla extract. Put the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder into a large mixing bowl and fold in the contents of the jug, followed by the mashed bananas. Next fold in the chopped fruit and the white chocolate pieces. Be careful not to over-stir, don't worry if it appears lumpy.
- Place equal quantities of the mixture into the cases and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Leave the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 mins and then place on a wire rack to cool. Add a sprinkling of icing sugar with a sieve once completely cooled if you wish, enjoy!