Fresh Homemade Tiramisu
Member recipe by pdq188
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Portions
- 16 oz Mascarpone Cheese (a sweet cheese used for many desserts)
- 4 T Espresso (extra left over for dipping the lady fingers)
- 2 T Marsala
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- 6 Egg Whites
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Pinch of sugar
- 2 packs of lady fingers
- Fresh Chocolate
- Seperate the egg yolks and egg whites by cracking the egg in half and sliding the egg yolk back and forth to seperate the egg whites in one mixing bowl and the yolks in a different mixing bowl. Then mix the egg yolks with a whisk for 3 minutes adding sugar, mascarpone cheese, espresso, Marsala. Set that mixture to the side.
- Whip your egg whites while adding 1 pinch of sugar intill you get stiff white peaks (take your whisk and swirl the egg whites in a circle and if it makes peaks then your done whisking).
- Take your egg whites and fold into your egg yolk mixture into its all incorporated, make sure you Fold the egg whites in because if you don't then it will make your egg yolk mixture liquidity and not stiff.
- After your mixture is complete take your chocolate and zest it on a cold plate so your chocolate does not melt. Take your lady fingers and dip them on each side for 2 secs each and then layer them on a deep dish pan, then add your mixture intill it covers all over your lady fingers, after that you finally dust your chocolate over your mixture
- Repeat intill you have 2-3 layers
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…