Lemon fairy cakes
Member recipe by willowth3kitten
ServingsServes 1 - 14 Cakes
- For the cake:
- 125g of caster sugar
- 125g of softened butter
- 125g of self raising flour
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 lemon/ 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 medium eggs
- For the icing:
- 115g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (or other flavouring)
- Food colouring
- Preheat oven to 190c/ 160c fan/ gas 5.
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar with whisk or electric mixer until smooth.
- Add softly beaten eggs slowly, followed by Vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Add half of the flour and mix until smooth. Then, add the milk and rest of the flour and continue to mix until smooth.
- Spoon into cases or fairy cake tray, and cook for 12-18 minutes, or until golden brown. Test they are cooked all the way through by inserting a knife into the deepest part, and it should come out clean.
- Cool the cakes until they are totally cool to touch.
- Mix icing as per instruction on the packet, and add any food colouring and flavouring as desired. Decorate the cakes as desired.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…