Parsnip, leak gratin.
Member recipe by biblio
- 500g parsnips, peeled..
- 25g butter
- 2 leeks, washed peeled and sliced
- 150 ml double cream
- 15O ml milk
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 200g pack of Pie d'Angloys cheese, rind removed and sliced.
- Heat oven to 180 degs, 350F, gas 4. Slice parsnips thinly and place in bowl of water for 10 mins. drain we'll and pat dry.
- Heat half butter in pan and fry leaks for 3 mins until tender. Set aside.
- Grease baking tin or dish. Heat cream and milk along with garlic until almost boiling and set aside.
- Layer parsnips and leeks and cheese in dish, seasoning between each layer. Pour over cream mixture and dot with butter.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 mins. Remove foil and bake for another 30 mins.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…