Seabass with Asparagus
Member recipe by neilisou
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red or green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 small bunch of fresh thyme leaves
- 12 asparagus spears
- 2 fillets of sea bass
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy bottomed frying pan over a medium heat before adding the crushed garlic and fresh chilli. Fry very gently for a few minutes, do not let the garlic burn.
- Lightly score the skin of your sea bass and add skin-side down to the pan with the garlic and chilli
- Add the asparagus and gently coat in the juices, fry for a couple of minutes before turning the fish over and keeping the asparagus spears moving.
- When the fish skin is crispy and the asparagus has started to caramelise, squeeze over the juice of half a lemon and sprinkle with thyme, make sure all the ingredients in the pan are well coated with the flavoured oil, chilli pieces, garlic, lemon juice and thyme.
- Place each piece of sea bass onto a bed of 6 asparagus spears and drizzle with the juices from the pan. Season well with salt and pepper and serve with warm bread to mop up the juices.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…