Crustless Milk Tart
Member recipe by zimbabe
This is a very easy recipe which produces a tart that tastes delicious hot or cold. Mix it all up and the magic happens while it's cooking when it separates into three layers, a nice base layer, soft milky centre and a light golden sponge topping. Hard to explain but try it!
- Half a cup of flour
- half a cup of sugar
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of butter / margarine
- Half a teaspoon of almond essence
- Separate eggs and beat yolks with sugar until fluffy, add butter and beat again.
- Sift flour with baking powder and add the egg yolk mixture and milk, mix well.
- Beat egg whites stiffly and fold in lightly (I can never get this right but it doesn't seem to damage the end result).
- Pour into a greased pie dish with lid (or cover with foil).
- Bake in a moderate oven (180 degrees C) until set (normally 30-60 minutes) .
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…