Member recipe by ilovemaryberry
ServingsServes 1 - 20 Truffles
Fun little chocolate balls coated in either coconut, melted chocolate, cocoa powder or nuts. Brilliant for kids to make as well as fun things for adults as presents. Perfect for Christmas.
- 200g (7oz) milk chocolate
- 100ml (3 1/2 floz) double cream
- 15g (1/2 oz) unsalted butter
- few drops of orange, vanilla or peppermint extract (optional)
- To Decorate
- Sifted Cocoa powder
- Grated or melted milk, plain or white chcolate
- Chopped nuts e.g. pistatio nuts etc
- Break the chocolate into small chunks in a medium sized bowl. Mix the cream and the butter in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Immediatly pour over the chocolate. With a wooden spoon, stir until the mixture is smooth and all the chocolate has melted and mixed in.
- If using, add the extract to the mixture. Cover and allow the mixture to cool for about 30 minutes at room temp.
- Chill in the fridge for about 2 hours. Using a teaspoon, scoop out bite sized amounts of the cooled mixture. Dust your hand with cocoa powder and mould into balls.
- Immediatly roll your balls into the choice of topping (e.g. nuts, melted chocolate etc.) place into mini cupcake cases and chill until ready to be eaten. They will keep for up to 10 days.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…