Member recipe by tarilang
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 3-4 tbsp plain flour
- 500ml (18fl oz) milk
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1.5kg (3lb 5oz) spinach leaves, washed
- 500g (1lb 2oz) ricotta
- 750g (1lb 10oz) buffalo mozzarella
- extra virgin oil for drizzling
- 1 tbsp fresh marjoram or oregano leaves, chopped
- 150g (5.5oz) lasagne sheets
- 80g (3oz) freshly grated parmesan
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/gas mark 6 Put butter in heavy bottomed pan over low to medium heat. Add flour and stir for a few minutes. Add milk and simmer before stirring. It will form a dense mass. Add another cup of milk and let it simmer but not boil, before stirring into floury mass. then add all milk gradually and nutmeg into cream-like consistency.
- Put spinach in colander, pout boiling salted water till it wilts. Drain and pat to dry.
- Break up ricotta roughly. Cut mozzarella into slices 0.5cm thick. Lightly drizzle olive oil over the bottom of ovenproof dish. Scatter a third of the spinach, sprinkle marjoram or oregano, add a third of mozzarella and ricotta, spoon bechamel over and then lasagne sheets. Do all the layers, top with bechamel.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…