Leek & Potato Soup
Member recipe by si-pad
- 50g butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 large leeks, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1000ml chicken stock
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- small handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bouquet garni
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan on medium heat, and saute onions for a few minutes stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the bouquet garni and puree soup with a hand blender (thicken with cornflour if too thin).
- Serve with hot crusty bread
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…