Herby Roast New Potatos
Member recipe by neilisou
- olive oil, or frying
- 6 clove garlic, eeled
- 800 g jersey royal potatoes, or new potatoes
- 6 sprigs of rosemary, plus extra to garnish
- rock salt
- knob of unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4
- Heat a heavy-based roasting pan on the hob over gentle heat and add enough olive oil to cover the base of the pan.
- Smash the garlic cloves using a mortar and pestle, or the blade of a heavy knife, and place in the pan.
- Add the potatoes and six rosemary sprigs and season with rock salt.
- Add a knob of butter and fry gently, stirring, until the potatoes are lightly coloured - about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 25 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through and nicely coloured.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh rosemary sprigs.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…