The Best Cheesy Croutons
Member recipe by mrrobbiejones
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Pieces
These cheesy croutons are great to top soup or even to eat on their own! They are very addictive!
- Quarter of a sheet of ready rolled Filo Pastry
- 30g Mature Cheese, grated finely
- 1 Egg
- Sprinkle of pepper
- Cut the quarter of sheet of filo pastry into strips, and then into 1cm spuares
- Coat the top of the croutons with a whisked egg and place on top of each one, a small pile of grated cheese
- Sprinkle liberally with pepper and place in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes, or until golden brown on top, on gas mark 6.
- Serve hot on top of soup or cold as a midday snack
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…