Grilled Turkey Fillet
Member recipe by hadeer710
A quick and filling turkey that can accompany steamed or boiled vegetables.
- About 1/2 kg boneless and skinless turkey breast fillets
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic smashed and chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- If the turkey breasts are too thick, pound to flatten starting from centre and working out (place fillets in a plastic bag, resealable plastic bags or waxed paper). Each piece should not be thicker than 1.5cm high.
- Combine onion, garlic, spices, vinegar, sugar and olive oil in a container. Add turkey breasts and marinade for 15-30 minutes. Remove excess garlic and/or onion from fillet before grilling. On a hot pan, grill your turkey for 4-5 minutes on each side. Try adding marination to the turkey when it is almost done and allow for one minute on heat before removing (to have a juicy texture).
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…