Chicken and Chorizo Pasta
Member recipe by andyboo23
If you like a pasta dish that is meaty, a little spicy and bursting with flavour then this will be the pasta dish for you!
- 300g of chicken breast, diced
- 250g of chorizo ring, chopped
- Fresh dill, large handful chopped
- 1 carton of passata
- Olive oil, 3 tbsp
- Mixed Italian herbs, 2 tbsp
- Paprika, 1 tsp
- 4 gloves of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- Salt to season
- Pepper to season
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- Fusili Pasta, 3oz per person
- Serving Suggestions:
- Grated cheddar
- Garlic bread or ciabatta
- Side salad
- Add 1 tbsp of olive into a large frying pan or wok and cook the chicken on a medium heat until sealed. Then add the chorizo, onion and chilli then cook until the onion is soft. Add the full carton of pasatta along with the mixed herbs, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic and dill then stir thoroughly and cook for 15 minutes on a medium heat stirring occasionally.
- For the pasta, fill a pan 3 quarters full of water and add a tsp of salt. Once the water is boiling, add 3oz of pasta per person and cook for 10 minutes. 5 minutes before the sauce is cooked, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and stir in.
- Once everything is cooked, drain the pasta and add this to the sauce and stir until the pasta is fully coated and evenly mixed. Serve immediately with some of the recommended serving options or without depending on preference.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…