Member recipe by littlemissmessy
A great treat for tea time have a go at this recipie a victoria sandwhich with jam and cream
- sponge :
- 225g butter (softened)
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 225g self raising flour
- 2 tsp baking flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp vanilla sugar
- For the filling :
- 4 tbsp strawberry jam
- 150g butter (softned)
- 150g icing sugar
- icing sugar (For dusting)
- lightly grease and line the tins
- pre-heat the oven to 180C/350f?gas4
- place the butter,sugar,eggs,flour and baking powder into a large bowl and mix for about 2 minutes
- divide the mixture evenly between the prepared tins and level the surface with a spoon or a spatula
- bake for 25-30 minutes,untill well risen and golden. The tops of the cakes should spring back up when pressed lighthly with a finger.leave the to cool in the tins for a few minutes,then turn the cakes out on a wire rack,peel of paper and leave to cool completely.
- to make the butter cream beat the butter and icing sugar together using a elertric mixer untill light and fluffy.
- spread the jam evenly on one half of the cake and top with the butter cream. place the other half of the cake on top. finally dust the top of the cake with a little icing sugar.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…