Fiery Hot Chocolate
Member recipe by anya19
- 200ml full fat milk
- Rind of an orange
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- Cinnamon stick
- 3 teaspoons of good quality hot chocolate (preferably pure chocolate flakes)
- Whipped cream, to serve (optional)
- Peel the rind off the orange and place in a saucepan along with the milk, chilli flakes and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to the boil then remove the pan from the heat. Allow the flavours to infuse for at least 5 minutes, then whisk in the hot chocolate powder or flakes.
- Return to the hob to warm through to ensure the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour through a sieve to remove the orange rind, chilli flakes and cinnamon stick.
- Serve in your favourite mug garnished with whipped cream, orange rind and extra chilli flakes if you wish for a warm and spicey brew that would go down a treat on Bonfire night.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…