Cheesy Mushrooms on Toast
Member recipe by lauren499
- 1 Generous Knob of Butter
- 150g Button Mushrooms
- 2-3tbsp Creme Fraiche (or double cream)
- 25g Blue Cheese (I used Danish Blue but Stilton or Gorgonzola works just as well)
- 4 slices of granary bread
- Melt the butter in a saucepan then add the mushrooms.
- Once the mushrooms have softened slightly, add some seasoning (if wanted) and the Creme Fraiche.
- Once the Creme Fraiche has loosened, add in the cheese and stir.
- Whilst the cheese is melting, toast the bread. When the bread is toasted, cut into halves and pour the mushroom mixture over the top. Eat straight away.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…