Garlic Lamb with Rice
Member recipe by rohanmohanty
- For Lamb
- 300g Diced Boneless Lamb
- 1/4 Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 1/2Tbsp5 Spice
- 1/2 Cardamom
- 1/2Tbsp Sugar
- 3TbspTomato PurÃÂÃÂ©e
- 2Tbsp Garlic Ginger Paste
- 1Tbsp Water
- 1/2Tsp Cornflour
- Salt to Taste
- Oil to cook
- For Rice
- 1Cup Basmati Rice
- 2Cups Water
- Marinate the Lamb: Take the lamb in a bowl and marinate it with garlic ginger paste and salt.
- Rice Wash the rice under cold water and then strain the water. Take the rice in a pot and add water. Put the pot on simmer until all the water evaporates and rice puffs up.
- Lamb Add garlic ginger paste, onions, carrot, cardamom, sugar, 5 spices and oil into a pressure cooker. Fry until the onions are caramelized and brown. Now add the tomato purÃÂ©e and fry for another 5 minutes till you smell the smokiness. Remove the lamb from the marinate and reserve the marinate juice. Add the lamb to the cooker and fry for 5 minutes. In a cup mix the cornflour, water and the left over marinate juice. Pour only 1/2Tbsp of the mixture into the cooker. Fry for another 3 minutes and then cover it with the lid. Remove the cooker from the heat after 5 whistles. Place the cooker under cold water before opening the lid. Once the pressure is out open the lid. Place the cooker without the lid on high heat for a couple of minutes to reduce the sauce. Add salt to taste.
- Serving: Serve the lamb and the rice on each end of the plate and garnish.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…