- 15 red pepper, quartered and deseeded
- 15 ripe plum tomato, quartered
- 2 heads of garlic, broken down into individual unpeeled cloves
Part of the lily, or alium, family, of which onions are also a member, garlic is one of the most…
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- handful thyme sprigs
This popular herb grows in Europe, especially the Mediterranean, and is a member of the mint…
- 3 handfuls basil leaf, roughly torn
Want to see what this recipe costs at different supermarkets? Compare in one place here:
Heat oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. In a large, deep roasting pan, gently toss everything, except the basil, together, then season.
Place the vegetables in the oven, then roast for 2 hrs, undisturbed. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. If you want, drain the vegetables before serving and serve their juice on the side, or simply stir through the basil and correct the seasoning.
The vegetables can be roasted up to 2 days ahead. Cover and leave in the fridge, but bring out at least 4 hours before serving so the vegetables are served at room temperature.