Member recipe by dphnexx
- FOR THE CAKE:
- 250g self raising flower
- 50g butter or margarine
- 300g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2dl milk
- FOR THE COCOSLAYER:
- 125g butter or margarine
- 100g rapsed cocos
- 250g soft brown sugar
- 0,5dl milk
- and a rectangled cakeform
- Preheat oven on highest temperature.
- Mix eggs and sugar till they're a creamy, lightyellow mass. Heat the milk and melt butter within the milk. Add flour to the egg/sugar mix, then add the milk.
- Put the cakemix in the cakeform and put it in the oven. 200C/electric and 175C/fan for 20 minutes till cake is goldenbrown.
- Mix cocos with sugar and heat the milk while melting butter in the milk, like before. add the mix together and put it on top of the cake.
- Put the cake back in the oven for another 5 minutes on highest temperature. Let cool down after and cut into pieces.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…