Pork & bellaverde stir fry
Member recipe by mustardcomms
- 500g pork tenderloin
- 2 tbsp light soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Chinese cooking wine or dry sherry
- 2.5cm piece root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp Chinese five spice
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 tbsp vegetable stock or water
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 200g bellaverde broccoli cut into 5cm pieces
- 6 spring onion, trimmed and cut into 5cm lengths
- 100g mangetout
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Diagonally slice the pork into 2cm cubes. Mix the sugar. wine, ginger, spice and hoisin sauce together in a bowl, add the pork and stir to coat. Leave to marinate for at least 10 mins.
- Heat half the oil, add the pork and the marinade and stir fry over a high heat for about 8 mins or until the pork is brown, and sticky. Add 4 tbsp the stock and scrape up the sediment in the pan. Transfer to a clean bowl and keep warm.
- Wipe out the wok, add the remaining oil and add the garlic, pepper, broccoli and remaining stock, stir fry over a high heat for 4 mins, add the mangetout, spring onions and stir fry for a further 3 mins. Remove from the heat.
- Divide the vegetables between four bowls, then top with the pork. Serve with chopsticks.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…