- 300g long grain rice
- 600ml hot vegetable or fish stock (from a cube is fine)
- 1 tbsp korma curry paste
- 100ml frozen peas
A type of legume, peas grow inside long, plump pods. As is the case with all types of legume,…
- 150g pack smoked mackerel, skinned
- 3 tbsp low-fat crème fraîche
- 2 hard-boiled egg, quartered
The ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a…
- handful coriander, to serve
Tip the rice into a large microwavable container. Mix together the stock and curry paste, then pour over the rice. cover with cling film and pierce a few times with a fork. Microwave for 6 mins on High.
Break the mackerel into large chunks and stir through the rice along with the peas and crème fraîche, then microwave for 6-8 mins more on medium until the rice is tender. Top with the eggs and serve sprinkled with the coriander.