Gluten Free Orange Cake
Member recipe by demuredomestic
A tangy wheat free indulgence accompanied with an oozing cinnamon and orange syrup that seduces you after the first bite.
- FOR THE CAKE
- - 220g gluten free plain flour
- - 250g ground almonds
- - 200g golden caster sugar
- - 2 tsp baking powder
- - 2 oranges finely peeled and chopped zest and juiced
- - 4 eggs
- - greek yoghurt to serve
- ORANGE SYRUP
- - ground cinnamon
- - 2 oranges zested and juiced
- - 275g granulated sugar
- Prior an hour before baking, make sure you take your butter and eggs out of the fridge and leave until they are at ROOM TEMPERATURE. This way they're easier to use when baking and let's face it, nobody wants a cake with lumps of chilled protruding butter!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…