Lois's look-no-further houmous
Member recipe by manamana
- 2 tins chickpeas
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 fat or 2 skinny garlic cloves
- Reserved juice from chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp paprika
- Open the chickpea cans - put the chickpeas in one bowl and reserve the brine in another bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the chickpeas, plus a splash of the reserved brine. Blend with a hand blender until smooth. Add more brine as you blend to achieve desired consistency.
- I reckon it tastes pretty perfect at this point, but if you disagree, adjust to your own taste.
- Store in the fridge, the flavours should improve overnight.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…