Cheese & onion bread
Member recipe by rosiejames
Easy-to-make irresistible cheese and onion bread. Crumbly but moist with a crunchy crust.
- 300g plain flour
- 25g caster sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 115g cheddar cheese, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 125ml milk
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- Preheat a fan oven to 200 degrees celsius. Line a baking tray with tin foil and lightly sprinkle with flour.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cheese, and onion in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, milk and sunflower oil.
- In small quantities, gradually add the wet mixture to the dry until a sticky dough is formed. Careful - you may not need to use all of the wet mixture!
- On a floured surface, roughly shape the dough into a flattened ball and place on the prepared baking tray. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cooked. The crust should be golden brown and starting to darken. A knife should come out clean when placed into the bread.
- Enjoy warm, straight out of the oven or when cooled.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…