Filled Sweet Potatoes
Member recipe by cannedfood
This recipe contains ideas on making your jacket potato more exciting, and works great for the kids too.
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 5 medium potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt.
- For the fiery bean filling:
- 6 cocktail sausages
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 415g can baked beans
- 290g can chilli beans (either red kidney or baked)
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- For the meatball filling:
- 410g can meatballs in tomato sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp plum sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- For the spaghetti filling:
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans spaghetti in tomato sauce
- 4 spring onions, shredded
- 1 small leek, sliced
- 1 tsp oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Prick the potatoes and brush with oil. Sprinkle half with paprika and some with salt. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 1 hour or until tender. Split the potatoes diagonally and fill with the filling of your choice
- Cook the cocktail sausages under a preheated grill for 7-9 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and golden brown. Brush with a little of the sweet chilli sauce and place under the grill just to get sticky
- Pour the beans into a pan and heat gently for 3-4 minutes or until simmering. Add the chilli and simmer for a minute until the chilli has softened.
- Cut the sausages in half and add to the beans. When ready to serve, spoon into the potatoes and top with a dollop of sour cream.
- For the meatball filling: Empty the meatballs into a pan and add the soy sauce and plum sauce. Cook for 7-9 minutes or until the meatballs are heated through.
- When ready to serve spoon into the potatoes and top with chopped coriander.
- For the spaghetti filling: Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the red pepper and leek and cook until soft but not coloured. Add the spaghetti and cook for 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- When ready to serve, spoon into the jacket. Top with a pile of shredded spring onions.
- Nutritional information per serving
- Potato and fiery baked bean filling: Energy: 550 kcals / 2137 kJ protein: 18.8mg Fat: 13.1mg Carbs: 78.5mg Fibre: 13.9mg Sodium: 1.52g Salt: 3.8g.
- Potato and spaghetti filling: Energy: 431 kcals / 1833 kJ Protein: 11.1mg Fat: 5.1mg Carbs: 85.9mg Fibre: 8mg Sodium: 1.38g Salt: 3.5g
- Potato and Meatball filling: Energy: 377 kcals / 1594 kJ Protein: 15.9mg Fat: 8.7mg Carbs: 59mg Fibre: 5.7mg Sodium: 1.41g Salt: 3.5g
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…