Carrot & Beetroot Salad
Member recipe by mustardcomms
This easy peasey salad is so colourful and crunchy and whatâs more itâs bursting with carotenoids, great for summer skin, with an anti-oxidant effect. Serve it at barbecues with fish or grilled meats. Per serving: 121 calories, 6.2g fat, 0.8g saturates, 12.8g sugars, 0.21g salt For more carrot recipes visit www.britishcarrots.co.uk
- 350g/12oz carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 350g/12oz raw beetroot, peeled and trimmed
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 small bunch flat parsley, roughly chopped
- Peel and trim the carrots and beetroot, then coarsely grate both on a grater â wear rubber gloves if you donât want pink hands! Alternatively, use a food processor fitted with a grating plate. Place the grated vegetables in a bowl, add the shallots.
- Heat the cumin seeds in small pan until they are hot and smell pungent. Remove from the heat and scatter over the vegetables. Add the olive oil, vinegar and parsley, then toss well. Leave to marinate for at least 15mins before serving.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…