J's Squash and Red Pepper Soup
Member recipe by pokerjam
This roasted butternut squash and red pepper soup combines sweet and smokey flavours and is perfect all year round
- 1 Large White Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Celery Stick
- 1 Medium-Large Butternut Squash
- 2 Red Peppers
- 1 Pint Chicken Stock
- 1 Pint Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200c/fan Gas Mark 6.
- Finely chop the onion, carrot and celery and add to a pan with a small amount of olive oil. Fry on a low to medium heat to soften the veg.
- Halve the butternut squash, de-seed and chop into chunks. Quarter the red peppers and de-seed. Drizzle the squash chunks and red peppers pieces with olive oil and place in the oven for approximately 30-40 minutes or until both start to soften and char.
- Remove the squash and peppers from the oven and allow to cool. Chop the peppers into small pieces and scoop the squash flesh from the skin using a spoon. Add both to the pan along with the chicken and vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Add the soup to a blender and blitz until smooth. Pour the soup through a sieve and back into the pan. Add the smoked paprika and dried parsely, stir thoroughly and bring back to the boil, reducing for a thicker consistency if needed. Add salt and pepper to taste, serve with some fresh crusty bread and enjoy!