J's Squash and Red Pepper Soup
Member recipe by pokerjam
This roasted butternut squash and red pepper soup combines sweet and smokey flavours and is perfect all year round
- 1 Large White Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 1 Celery Stick
- 1 Medium-Large Butternut Squash
- 2 Red Peppers
- 1 Pint Chicken Stock
- 1 Pint Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200c/fan Gas Mark 6.
- Finely chop the onion, carrot and celery and add to a pan with a small amount of olive oil. Fry on a low to medium heat to soften the veg.
- Halve the butternut squash, de-seed and chop into chunks. Quarter the red peppers and de-seed. Drizzle the squash chunks and red peppers pieces with olive oil and place in the oven for approximately 30-40 minutes or until both start to soften and char.
- Remove the squash and peppers from the oven and allow to cool. Chop the peppers into small pieces and scoop the squash flesh from the skin using a spoon. Add both to the pan along with the chicken and vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Add the soup to a blender and blitz until smooth. Pour the soup through a sieve and back into the pan. Add the smoked paprika and dried parsely, stir thoroughly and bring back to the boil, reducing for a thicker consistency if needed. Add salt and pepper to taste, serve with some fresh crusty bread and enjoy!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…