Thyme Honey Chicken Tagine
Member recipe by felicitynewall
A simple recipe - put your feet up and relax whilst the tagine simmers away for 3 hours
- 1 large whole chicken
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp New Zealand Honey Co Thyme Honey
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup dried dates
- 2 sprigs of fresh mint leaves
- Cut the chicken into 6 equal pieces and then rub in the paprika and turmeric. Let the chicken sit while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the butter, olive oil, diced onions, coriander, cumin and sliced lemon to a frying pan and sautÃÂ© for 3 minutes.
- Brown the chicken pieces in the same frying pan for 2 minutes on each side, then place the chicken in the tagine base.
- Turn off the heat and add the honey, roughly chopped garlic cloves, dried dates and mint leaves and season. Stir and then add this to the tagine base, before adding two cups of water. Season with cracked black pepper and place the tagine lid onto the base.
- Turn oven to 160 degrees and bake for 3 hours.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…