Chocolate orange cupcakes
Member recipe by mazzyb
Everyone will love this flavour marriage of zingy orange and sweet chocolate!
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 125g self-raising flour
- FOR DECORATION
- 100g butter
- 350g icing sugar
- 1 tbsp orange flavouring (optional)
- Orange food colouring (optional)
- Chocolate sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4/170C.
- Beat the sugar and butter until creamy, then add in the chocolate melted. Add the orange zest and juice with the cocoa powder afterwards.
- Beat in the eggs. Fold in the flour.
- Bake in the oven for 15-25 mins or until dark brown.
- While cakes are cooling, mix the butter, icing sugar, colouring and flavouring in a bowl and put in a piping pipe with a star shaped nozzle. Sprinkle with sprinkles and enjoy!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…