Member recipe by brini1988
15-20 mins preparation time 30-40 mins cooking time 10 mins cooling time
- 2 eggs
- 180ml vegetable oil
- 200g caster sugar
- 275g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 500g cored, peeled and diced apple
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Lightly grease and flour a 20x30cm cake tin.
- Beat vegetable oil and eggs until foamy. Add the sugar, flour, cinnamon, bicarbonate of soda, salt and vanilla; mix well. Stir in the diced apples. Spoon mixture into prepared tin (it will be very thick)
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes. Cool cake in tin for 10 minutes before removing.
- Also if you want to you can sprinkle a little icing sugar over the top of the cake before serving for a nice touch, enjoy! :)
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…