Member recipe by mbenza
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3 tsp dried basil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 dried chilli peppers
- 400g tin of cherry tomatoes in sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- handful of fresh basil
- handful of grated parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt and black pepper to taste
- olive oil
- 300g penne or other short pasta
- Heat 2 or 3 tbsp of olive oil in a tall pan, add the dried oregano and thyme, chopped garlic and crushed chilli peppers. Fry for few minutes. Don't let the garlic turn brown.
- Add the tin of cherry tomatoes into the pan. Simmer uncovered for about 8 minutes and let the excess water evaporate.
- Reduce the heat, cook for another few minutes, stirring occasionally and crushing the tomatoes into the sauce.
- Add pinch of salt and black pepper to taste. Add both dried and fresh basil; 1 tbsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar. Stir.
- In the meantime, cook the penne according to the packet instructions.
- Mix the pasta with sauce and garnish with fresh basil leaves and handful of grated parmesan cheese.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…