potato and bacon soup aged 11
Member recipe by mpmarnie
- 2-3 rashers of fine butchers bacon [can be from greengrocers]
- a medium carrot [fresh]
- 3 medium potatos [any make but baking are best]
- a small strong onion
- can add other vegetables of your choice
- some parsley or aromatic coriander
- oxo cubes 1 chicken 1 vegetable
- 500ml of water
- turn the hob on to 6 on an eletric oven or the moderate. and then finely slice your bacon into strips remove fat and place in a wok with oil and salt until cooked.
- while the bacon is cooking you can start to prepare your vegetables, slice the potato into small cubes the carrot into thin slices the onion needs to be finely sliced and placed in water for 2 minutes and the others how you want.
- once the bacon is cooked place on some kitchen paper to drain the fat and oils
- in a saucepan place your 500ml of water your 2 stock oxo cubes and all your vegetables
- cook the soup for 15 minutes and then stir and add the bacon
- cook for a futher 10 minutes and your soup with then be cooked
- ladle into bouls and add a sprig of parsley/aromatic coriander
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…