Member recipe by hayleylongdin
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp mild curry paste
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- 25g bunch fresh coriander or parsley
- Pitta breads
- Tomato salsa
- Green salad
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry onion until it softens, add the garlic and continue cooking on a lower heat for 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Place the onion and garlic, chickpeas, curry paste, flour and coriander into a food processor and blitz until the mixture is smooth. Alternatively, place in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher.
- Divide mixture into 12 small balls the size of a golf ball, flatten slightly.
- Fry the falafel in the remaining oil for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden.
- Serve in toasted pitta bread with tomato salsa and green salad.