Member recipe by hayleylongdin
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp mild curry paste
- 1 Tbsp plain flour
- 25g bunch fresh coriander or parsley
- Pitta breads
- Tomato salsa
- Green salad
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a frying pan and fry onion until it softens, add the garlic and continue cooking on a lower heat for 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Place the onion and garlic, chickpeas, curry paste, flour and coriander into a food processor and blitz until the mixture is smooth. Alternatively, place in a large bowl and mash with a potato masher.
- Divide mixture into 12 small balls the size of a golf ball, flatten slightly.
- Fry the falafel in the remaining oil for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden.
- Serve in toasted pitta bread with tomato salsa and green salad.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…