Mini Victoria Sponge cakes
Member recipe by foodgirl5
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Cakes
These Mini Victoria Sponge Cakes are absolutly gorgeous! And so easy to make.
- 200 grams Butter at room temperature
- 200 grams Golden Caster Sugar
- 4 Free Range Eggs
- 200 grams Self Raising Flour
- 148 ml carton double cream, whipped
- 6 tbsp raspberry jam
- Icing Sugar to dust
- We used a 12 hole silicone cake tray with straight sided 7 cm circles, but you can use fairy cake tins or the mixture will fill 12 cup cake moulds or cup cake cases, or 2 x 7in (18cm ) sponge tins
- Set oven to 180c, 160cFan, Gas 4.
- Place the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth, creamy and light. Gradually beat in the egg until creamy, adding a little flour if the mixture begins to curdle. Fold in the flour.
- Divide the mixture between the cake moulds and bake for 12-15 minutes until risen, golden and just form to the touch. Allow to cool completely. Pack in a cake tin and take on the picnic unfilled. Pack the lightly whipped cream and the jam in a separate container.
- Spread 6 cakes with the whipped cream and top with a spoonful of jam, top with the other cakes and dust with icing sugar.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…