Cupcakes with nutella filling
Member recipe by theaioannou
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Muffins
- Vanilla cupcakes
- 110g self raising flour (sifted)
- 110g caster sugar
- 110g margarine (softened)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- Nutella filling
- 225g icing sugar (must be sifted!)
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g nutella
- Pre heat oven at 160'c
- Mix all ingreadients together in a bowl until creamy consistency using an electrical whisk Scoop into casings and bake for 20mins until golden brown
- Cut out a circle from the top of the cupcake, scoop out the cake
- being careful not to break the circle, trim off excess cake on circle so that you are left with a 'cake lid'
- Fill the hole with nutella icing and then put the circle lid back on top
- Then cover the cupcake with either nutella icing or any other icing you fancy! I went for nutella icing in top with crushed nuts!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…